Friday, February 29, 2008

It was a sad day

Austin's pony was not eating right on Monday so I called Matt who was out of town and told him she was laying down and only drank and ate a little. He got home late Monday night and checked on her. The next morning he loaded her up and took her to an Amish friend down the road where he gave her a few shots and put her in the barn with his horses. He had his vet come look at her on Wednesday but by the time the vet could come back with some electrolites she was gone. They think she ate something that made her sick possibly moldy hay or something in the feed. It is a little strange that the other horse that eats the same feed is doing very well. Austin was a little sad but picked up the paper and was looking for another horse! We really don't have room to raise horses. The children did so enjoy their Ponies and now we have one that will probably be lonely by itself. We've been talking to Katlyn to see if she'd like to sell her Pony or maybe give it to the Amish family so it would be with other horses. She's leaning towards keeping it. It's alot of work but she has kept at it since we bought them in July.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Austin's pony!! I, being an animal lover myself, would have a tough time with this too at my age, so I can only imagine what all is going on inside his mind right now!! I will be praying for him and the family!! I always like to remember that in the Bible it says that we will have everything that we love in Heaven... and (not sure that it is completely correct) I like to think that even animals that we have had and loved on earth the Lord will allow us to see them again in Heaven. (mind you I know they don't have souls... but if He can allow them to be on Earth, He can make them in Heaven!) Ok, i know it is just the little kid, animal lover in me coming out.

Take care,
Tim