Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Birthday Boy




Today Phillip turned 6 years old. He is in Kindergarten at Lebanon Christian Academy and is a charming young man. He is such a sweet boy. Today when he came home at noon, I told him we would go to McDonalds for lunch and he and Nathan could play in the big indoor play area. He was very excited to go and they had a good time. Maybe too good. I was enjoying my lunch thinking the kids were fine, everything was safe and they could just play til their hearts content. My lunch was interrupted by loud laughter from about every parent in the room and I looked up to see what they were looking and pointing at and here was my 2 year old, INSIDE the basketball hoop game. Apparently he saw the basketballs and wanted to play but didn't understand you needed to put a quarter in and the balls would come down the chute so you could play. He climbed UP the shoot and then once he was inside the game he decided to shoot a few hoops while in there. There was no way I could get him out of the game except to try to coax him back down the chute. He finally laid down and slid back down and I picked him out but not before he had had time to throw all of the balls out of the game so he could play with them. By the time we left, Phillip was worn out from chasing after his brother. For supper I made Phillip noodles with a hotdog shaped like an octopus. He liked that but asked where his cake was. I tried to make cupcakes for his class last night but my oven went on the blink. He is having a Birthday party on Saturday so the cake will wait til then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there guys.... This was too funny! I know it probably was not at the time, but I couldn't help but chuckle with the picture that came into my mind from what was described here. I guess the question I have is "who is getting paid back from their childhood now??" Ha, Ha!! Talk to you soon, Tim

Truckin Teeds said...

Happy Birthday!! Who knows, we may even get to come to the party. :o)