Thursday, June 28, 2007

VBS Pictures

Sr. Shuey has done a great job in the Kitchen of the castle. They had play food to "cook" and a checkerboard rug and a few other things to use in between their story and verse.
Karen and Cathy have had a great week with their group in the castle. We had stick horses and a horse dress up suit and a large horse to sit on. These kids used their swords and shields and rode off into battle.
We couldn't have done this without these precious ladies in the nursery. Brenda Habecker is such a natural with the babies. She has Nathan here and he is asleep. Sr. Arnold and Grace Shifflet and my mother have come every night to watch 3-4 babies. It gives us mothers a break and allows us to do something we really enjoy. Teaching!
This is the throne room and Susanna Shuey has been in charge of this room. They had a puppet theater and castles and blocks to play with. I noticed Susanna sitting in the "Queen" chair reading a story to the kids and they were either sitting on the pillows or on her lap. I didn't have my camera that night.
Sheri Sherman (my sister-in-law) and I have both been telling the Bible stories each night. We have 4 rooms and we each show up at 2 of them every night. We tell a story and then go over the verse. You can't see the poster too well in this picture but the one against the wall on the left is a picture of a christian boy and we have to "put on" his armor each night. This has helped the children to remember the 6 different parts of armor. When I think of all the work that has gone into this VBS I feel exhausted but just seeing the children this week and how much they have enjoyed themselves AND the high percentage of children that have already said Ephesians 6:11!!!!!!!!! Makes it all worth while. I feel this age group is so important. I want to teach them at a young age to live for Jesus. We have had maybe 5-10 children that have been to church for the first time this week. Some of those didn't even know what the Bible was or who Jesus was. I hope they not only learned but are able to go share what they have learned with others. Tomorrow will be a bitter sweet night in that it is the last night for this age group. We sit in with the older group on Sunday morning for the ending program. A HUGE thank you to all that have helped this week. Cindy has been my right and left hand it seems this year. I don't even need to tell her what I need. She just seems to know. She has been behind the scenes helping to keep things going smoothly. A BIG thank you to you Cindy!

No comments: