Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Busy Days

I have been working hard getting ready for our Vacation Bible School. I have been trying to come up with ways to teach preschoolers the importance of having the Armor of God. I am going to try to use a tricycle and have the helmet and knee and elbow pads and try to relate that to protecting us against something harmful. Hopefully they will relate to that and will learn how the Armor of God will protect them against evil. This has been a challenging theme but I think we will be ready come Monday. My nephew, Jeremy, has been a great help this year. He has traced pictures, painted, run up and down the stairs for supplies, and even hung vines from the drop ceiling. He has been a tremendous help.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have found Jeremy is a very good helper when it is him alone. He is creative and enjoys being in a one on one environment.

Glad he is doing such a good job for you, sounds like you have a good handle on the VBS theme, the idea with the pads and the tricycle is a good one. Keep up the good work!

Truckin Teeds said...

We'll be praying for you this coming week! I know it will all go wonderfully! You have such a creative imagination! I can't wait to see pictures of your classrooms (maybe we'll get to see the real thing, you never know).

Cindy said...

laurie i enjoy helping you with the littleones . just to see their little faces when it comes to doing crafts and other things .