Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Slightly Busy

Teachers started back to school this week and I have been extremely busy to say the least. I have a very full load this year and am determined to make it the best year yet for each of my students. I will be teaching HS Physics, HS Literature, MS Science, and a Bible class. I have been busy gathering materials this week so we can have an exciting class. There are aquariums to fill, terrariums to tend to, locate critters to fill the empty homes in our lab, and have supplies for our experiments all set up and ready to go. We will start the year off with an experiment showing a model of quicksand. The excitement is building. The goal for tomorrow is to get the aquariums all filled so they can be running for a few days before we add our fish and bring a little more organization to the science closet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know getting back into the teaching arena is probably exciting and yet nerve-racking for you all at the same time right now, but you will do fine!! It's just like one continous VBS... right? (Ok, not really, but I think you know what I mean!) I know you and your students will have a great school year!! You will be in my prayers!!

Leora Schenck said...

Laurie~
Praying that you have a wonderful school year! Sounds like a really busy one! =)

Maresa said...

good luck Laurie. I know you will have a busy year and with all that your going through you will need lots of prayer. hang in there I have faith in you. Take care. Love you