Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Praise the Lord!

Mom had a wonderful doctor report today. They had taken another CAT scan last week but she had to wait until her chemo treatment today to hear the results from the doctor and they showed her how the lymph nodes had really shrunk in size since the first treatment. They were able to show her both scans and she could see the difference. They also told her they expect to just do one more treatment at the end of this month and she will be done. She is so excited. In just 3 weeks she will take her last treatment and then just have the follow up visits to make sure everything is okay.

I hope to have a few pictures soon but mom doesn't like having her picture taken. My sister just snaps them and even has a few she could hold for black mail but I'm sure she won't.

Thank you to all who have prayed for my mom. She has had alot of ups and downs and feels tired alot of the time but it looks like the end of that is in sight so I think she can hold on a few more weeks.

3 comments:

Maresa said...

this is wonderful news. I am thrilled. Keep us posted on her progress. Allen is finally at the "waiting between scans now' stage. We are finally breathing a sigh of relief. It's been a long journey!

laurie said...

I think about him all the time. Seeing my mom go through the ups and downs emotionally, I have more respect for Allen and what he's been going through. He is so young and to have gone through what he has at his age must have really been tough. (still is)

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is great news!! I'm so glad she is doing really great!! As for the pictures and not using them for blackmail.... may want to rethink about that... why have them if you can't use them? LOL!! (even if it is for your favorite dessert that she makes...hmmm... giving you ideas? LOL!! couldn't resist!) Hope you guys are doing well!!