Monday, April 28, 2008

Ups and Downs

Saturday night was a very restless night for mom and Sharron as well as she stayed up with her. They talked and walked around the house through the night. One of the side effects of the chemo she's taking is burning in the stomach and mom has had alot of that which makes it difficult to sleep. She also is just plain restless. She was offered medicine to help her sleep from her doctor but she feels she is taking enough medicine now and doesn't want any more. Hopefully we can get some relief from the burning she's feeling.

Sunday she was able to relax some with a visit from Jamie and his fiance and also Sharron and Tim are still here.

Sunday night brought some much needed rest and now I hear mom is up and doing laundry! Dad called and said she is wanting to do some things around the house and unpack some of their boxes so I may pop over there to help carry some things to her and allow her to do it from her chair. She has waited a long time for her own house in Lebanon and now she is ready to settle it. They still have their home in NC and would like to sell that one but it is needing some TLC since they have not been down there in quite a few years now and it is filled with tenants most of the time.

Thanks for your comments and prayers. Mom and Dad's new address is 415 E. High St. Lebanon, PA 17042. I may have posted that already but I can't remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going better there with your mom. I can't remember the burning in the stomach with Allen. It could be different kinds of chemo does different things to your body. I think of her often and you all. Sorry I can't be there to help out. Wish the economy would lighten up on everyone, we might could afford to take a trip. Let me know if there is anything I can do down here. I'd love to help. I bought her a card. I'll try to send it tomorrow. love you all Maresa