Sunday, September 30, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

I've been tagged by Dorcus Bishop and now must tell 7 random things about myself so here goes. . .

1.) I grew up in the south from age 11 and had quite the southern drawl. It now only takes a phone call to a friend back home or a trip down there to visit and the accent comes right back.

2.) I was in the Air Force JR ROTC program in our High School and worked my way up the ranks becoming the Squadron Commander my senior year. We had about 100 cadets. I won a scholarship from this organization and had the chance to continue in the Air Force in college and I would have been an officer. I chose not to continue but went on to receive a Bachelor or Arts in Elementary Education from UNC-Charlotte.

3.) I always had an interest in music and my parents did sign me up for lessons when I was about 8 years old. I never made it out of the first book. I learned to play by watching and listening to the evagelists when they came to our church. One particular person that took a little bit of time to help me get started was Sr. Betty Case. She showed me a few runs and then gave me a music tape of their family. I played that tape over and over and copied the piano pieces.

4.) I have many friends but probably the longest and closest friendship has been with Maresa Davis. I think we have been friends for about 27 years I think. I live in PA and she lives in NC but commucate almost every day by phone or email.

5.) I am working on and am almost finished with crocheting an american flag afghan.

6.) I enjoy going on camping trips with my husband and children in our camper.

7.) I am hoping to go see Dino in April! I could see him sooner if I could talk my husband into going to Branson this fall for one of his concerts. I just love listening to his piano playing and Greek humor.

I now tag Leora

1 comment:

Anita Marie said...

Laurie,

I noticed that you are really close friends with Marisa D. I don't want to post it here but I have some news about her family. Could you email me at amdalkin@hotmail.com and I will reply to your message. Many Thanks.