Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Flat Tire

Matt has babied his truck for some time now and it seems like something is giving out on it every other day now. Today it was a flat tire. No biggie right? He was about 20 minutes from home so he called to see if I could save a tow truck fee by coming and getting him and taking him to get the tire changed. He called again before I left and asked if I would run into Manheim to get a tire and bring it to him. I did that and it took 30 minutes for them to get me on my way even with him calling ahead and telling them I'd be right there to pick it up. I was on a time crunch because I need to be home to get Phillip off the bus at 12:15pm.

Well, I finially was on my way towards Matt. I called to tell him I'd be there soon and he asked me to be on the lookout for a service station along the way so he would know where to take the old tire to exchange it off the rim. I forgot to look until I realized I was right within a quarter of a mile of where he told me he would be. I slowed down to turn into a parking lot where he was parked and then I glanced across the street from him and there was a full service station just a booming with business. Here he had sat for about an hour waiting for help to come and it was just across the street. To his credit there were several trees making it hard for him to see exactly what was over there. I waited for him to put the tire in and then taxied him across the street! We had a good laugh over that. They even had the very size tire he needed too. I told him he just wanted Nathan and I to come be with him while he fixed his flat tire. I raced back home to meet Phillip's bus which came within minutes of when I got home.

That was not the end of the excitement of the day. Austin played his first soccor game and they won! I was a proud mama. He played very well I thought. It was 90 degrees out there. I'm not a big cheerer because I'm always afraid I will be cheering for the other team. The games move so quickly. I feel like when I start to clap and yell they have already moved on to the next play and it may be the other team having the upper hand. At this point I'm ready to cheer for both teams. I think anyone that will play in this heat deserves some support even if it's from the opposing team. The kids all had great attitudes and they seemed to be out there to do their best and represent their schools. I like team spirit.

2 comments:

Truckin Teeds said...

tee hee...isn't that the way it goes sometimes?

And...hooray for Austin's team!

JenLo said...

That's funny about Matt's tire! Yay for Austin. Caroline as played soccer for several years, but she's decided to give it up for softball.