Thursday, August 9, 2007

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!

I feel like I am spinning in circles. Matt has been out of town for almost 2 weeks and just got home last night around 11pm. Trying to keep track of 4 busy children has been a challenge. It is almost a full time job just keeping Austin from doing the things he isn't suppose to do while on his treatment for Lyme. He is to have the PIC line pulled tomorrow and we are all happy about that. I was doing some cleaning yesterday morning and had the kids all cleaning in different rooms and I thought I would push the self clean button on my oven and get that done while I was mopping the floor. As it got further into the cleaning I noticed the air was getting smoky and it really smelled terrible. I finally had to go to another room it was now burning my eyes.

Austin's nurse came to change the dressing on his PIC line and I told her we would have to do it on the porch because of the oven and she went in the kitchen to wash her hands and thought the oven was on fire. I wasn't sure but asked her if she would hit the cancel button which she did. By the time she was done with everything we went back into the kitchen and opened the oven and indeed something had been on fire. I had left a casserole in the oven the night before to keep warm for Austin who hadn't eaten with the rest of us and forgot about it. I had to throw away the dish and everything! We left and went out for lunch leaving the windows all open to air out. I was having a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Right here in Manheim.

4 comments:

JenLo said...

That is totally funny! You poor thing. I am having one of those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad weeks. Our transmission went, I can't find the title (which of course is all my fault ;0 and yada, yada. And we are trying to go camping on Saturday. So I'm spinning with you!

Andrea said...

Sorry about your bad day! That does not sound to fun, but you can look at the bright side. You got a chance to go out to eat :)
I hope that the rest of your week goes better.

Truckin Teeds said...

Hopefully you'll get totally rejuvinated from camp meeting tonight! :o)

laurie said...

Life gets better