Saturday, August 4, 2007

An AWESOME concert

We were able to hear The Collingsworth Family friday night and they did an outstanding job. They sang for the Lord and you could see it on their faces. They know what they are singing about! It made me excited about Heaven and encouraged me by reminding me God knows exactly where I am and what I'm going through and He alone is all I need to carry me through. We enjoyed ourselves and Kaitlyn Ebersole went along and had a great time as well. She is to the right of Phil Collingsworth and Matt and Austin. Austin was exhausted but enjoyed the service very much. He is such a trooper through this Lyme Menengitis! We have one more week of treatment and then the ordeal should be over. Thanks so much for all of your prayers. The doctor told Austin that it was the prayers and medication that helped him to recover this quickly. He has regained his facial movement and we are so glad. We didn't realize that when he couldn't close his eye he had a possibility of blindness if his retina wasn't kept moist. They had given him a thick liquid to put in his eye but he didn't like it and didn't want to do it. They told him why it was so important and that he could go blind if he didn't do as they told and that made it alot easier to get it into his eye. Fortunately he is blinking now and doesn't need it. I say PRAISE THE LORD. I have so many questions and problems that I put before the Lord each day and sometimes I wish I could just put all of that aside and focus only on the blessings which are many in our family. It has been so hard for me this year to TRUST JESUS for EVERY part of my life. Pray for us.

2 comments:

JenLo said...

Austin looks like he is really coming along. Poor kid, what an ordeal for him!

Truckin Teeds said...

Sounds like we missed out on a GREAT evening. :o)
We're glad Austin is doing so much better. We've been praying for him and for the rest of you every day! God will take care of you!!