Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back to School




There was much excitement around here yesterday and this morning let me tell you. I had the kids get their backpacks ready to go yesterday in anticipation for their first day of school today. As he was getting his ready, Phillip came up to me and gave me a big hug and kiss and told me goodbye. I told him he wasn't going until the next morning and he said he knew but he was going to be pretty busy the next morning and probably wouldn't have time to kiss me goodbye so he was doing it now. When Matt came home from work that evening Phillip did the same to him.






When the bus pulled up this morning Phillip was out the door so fast I couldn't even get a picture so the bus driver told him to get back off the bus so I could get a snapshot. We have a wonderful bus driver. She pulls right into the parking lot that is connected to our driveway making it much safer for the kids getting on and off the bus. She literally picks them up at our front door. They are very blessed to have her.






I went and picked Phillip up from school at noon and just as soon as he got in the car he declared they didn't even do school today. All they did was color some papers, listen to all the rules, took a tour of the school and the teacher read them a story. Can you believe they didn't teach me anything? I told him to try again tomorrow. He said he doesn't need to go back because they don't do anything in Kindergarten. Oh boy. It's going to be a long first week it looks. He was impressed that the teacher had gone and fixed all the labels with his name on it. At Open House Night, we noticed she had spelled Phillip's name with one L. Somehow it was mispelled at the office and handed down to her this way so it wasn't her fault but Phillip noticed this right away and then came home today and said she had already fixed his name. Katlyn came home on the bus at 3pm and Austin will be done with soccor practice at 4:30pm so they each are able to have one on one time to tell me about their day. It worked out real nice.

2 comments:

CharlesPractice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leora Schenck said...

Awww... your little man is too cute... and apparently too smart Ha Ha :)