Thursday, August 30, 2007

First Week of School

Okay I don't know what happened with those pictures on Tuesday. I had rotated them but when I actually put them on the blog they somehow went back. Oh well. On Wednesday I had a small problem on my hands. Phillip woke up and decided he did not want to go back to school. I said he didn't have any friends and the kids were not nice to him. He also thought there were too many rules. Welcome to the real world kid! I told him I would take him to school and we would talk to the teacher and just see how it goes. I had to take Nathan to Grandma and then Phillip and I marched into school. I had to push him into his classroom. He was determined he wasn't going. I helped him get settled in and start on his color paper and then I asked him if he would be alright staying with his class if I went to Walmart to return his backpack that broke before he could even use it. He said he guessed it would be alright. I then asked him if he would be alright coming home on the bus and I would meet him back home and he said yes! I was out of there and there were no tears. Phillip has been somewhat of a shy child and has not had an easy time making new friends. This has been a very difficult week for him. Today he said he had a pretty good day except for a little girl in his class whispered, "I don't like you!" to him. I asked him what he had done to make her say that and he says nothing. It was the principal's daughter! They will probably become best of friends. The mom in me wants to protect him from all the mean hurtful things other children say. Tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

Leora Schenck said...

I'm sure he'll do fine making friends. I remember sending Landen off to K~5 last year and pulling up the first day of school to pick him up. He was outside for recess and I saw some boys picking on him and giving him a hard time. I know how you feel. This Momma DID NOT like it one bit and was ready to have a talk with those boys, but Daddy assured me that boys will be boys and Landen will just have to take care of his own problems and that he WILL be just fine. So, I had to just let it go and Landen has done fine (most of the time). Still not easy for Momma though.