Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Good Day

Today mom had a fairly good day. She had back pain but took her pain medicine and the pain was manageable. Sharron and Tim stopped tonight on their way through to Harrisburg to pick up a load. They will deliver in Philly tomorrow and who knows where from there. Tomorrow a couple of the ladies from church are coming over to help hang pictures on the walls. Mom and Dad are moved in but the unpacking has slowed down now. It will help a whole lot to have some of their pictures on the walls.

Dad has been weary throughout the past few weeks and it was understandable when you knew the hours he was keeping and the lack of sleep but when he couldn't seem to shake the dragging feeling he took his sugar test with mom's diabeties kit and he registered over 400. I called a doctor friend at 10pm on a Saturday night to ask if he would be okay until he could get to his doctor on Monday and she said he would but he should be very careful of what he eats. On Monday Dad called his doctor and asked them if they had the results from the blood tests that they took back in March. They did and wanted him to come in right away to discuss them. Funny they never called him to tell him the results were in. Anyway, he has kidney troubles and will now need further testing to discover exactly what the problem is. For the time being he will be changing his diet and starting on some diabetes pills which hopefully he can discontinue when they find the root of the problem. On Monday I was ready to book a double room for them at Hershey Medical Center. I just keep thinking, This Too Shall Pass. (Not These Two Shall Pass!)

If I remember my camera tomorrow maybe I can get a picture of the inside of their house. My sister put a picture of the outside on her blog. My youngest, Nathan, loves to look at that picture and he says, "Paw-Paw's house". I have been puzzled as to why he calls it that when I say we're going to grandma's and he'll say "Paw-Paw's". I think I may have figured it out. I usually call it going to grandma's because when we go we are going to see grandma since grandpa is usually at work. Well, they have now moved and grandpa hasn't worked much since the move and he is usually there now so apparently this is grandpa's house. I wonder if he thinks the other house was grandma's and we have finally found where Grandpa lives?

No comments: