Friday, May 9, 2008

Already?

When I arrived at my mom's today I discovered she had lost some of her hair already. She had a big clump that fell out when she combed her hair. This is all after only the first treatment! She was a little shook up at first but we quickly got online and found a place to order a couple of turbans (she already had a catalog from this company) and also discovered insurances sometimes pay for wigs. You just call it a cranium prosthesis. I guess technically that is what it is. We will now be taking some pictures of her hair now so we can try to get something simular. This is a tramatic realization which we knew was coming but kinda hoped would wait a little while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

allen never lost all his hair completely but I will never forget the day that it started to fall out. We were warned about that day but we just kept hoping it wouldn't happen. he was sitting in a chair and reached up to his head and a clump came out in his hand. he said "look mom"!!!I busted out crying and went to him and put my arms around him and we both cried. He had tears dripping off the end of his nose.that was very emotional. My heart goes out to your mother for having to go through this.