Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Days Just Seem To Fly By

We have been so busy getting our house on the market and trying to plant flowers, spring clean the yard and house. Some days I just feel exhausted looking at the pile of things I need to tackle. Katlyn is my big helper most of the time. One night I had gone to bed but decided, after reading a while, to go back downstairs to get a drink. I saw the kitchen light was on and was surprised to see Katlyn cleaning the sink, floor, counter, and put a centerpiece on the table! I scared her because she thought everyone had gone to bed. She said she couldn't sleep so she thought she would come down and clean what I had left for morning. She is only 10 years old but very thoughtful and helpful.

My mom is doing Okay. I don't know how else to answer when people ask how she is doing. She is in alot of pain and feels sick to her stomach most of the time but some of that is side effects from medicines she has to take for diabetes and the chemo. She gets hungry but then doesn't feel like eating. That would be very frustrating for me as I love to eat. She has an appointment next monday and I guess we will know more then. We have been making several trips to Hershey and it looks like we will be making even more. They installed a port so that she wouldn't have to get stuck with so many needles when they do the blood tests but come to find out, Lebanon doctors don't even know how to use ports! They stuck her anyway and she gets black and blue. I have put my Suburban up for sale because the gas is just too much for that now that I am doing so much running. I am borrowing my sister's car for now and it has over 245,000 miles on it and no AC but I'm saving gas. Sunday as the six of us cramed in it for church there were lots of complaints but I just kept driving saying, "We're saving gas!" We have been so used to a large vehicle. Sunday night we were back into the Suburban. I need to start them out slow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish my 9 year old was that helpful. I can't believe how Katlyn does. She is awesome!!! Tell her that I am jealous.Ha.

laurie said...

Hey, I used to be so jealous of you having Shan to help. Katlyn wishes it was time to throw all the toys away so the playroom would stay neat. Just a few years ago it was she and Austin that made the same messes that Phillip and Nathan are making.