Sunday, July 5, 2009

South Carolina Trip

This is Phillip, Nathan, Noelle, and Randy at the park. It was over 100 degrees that day so we didn't stay at the park very long.
Nathan loved Aunt Sharron's bathtub and thought it was the perfect place to go fishing.
Going fishing in Aunt Sharron's bathroom.
Nathan and I rode the bumper boats. He usually loves this but this time he was getting pretty wet and didn't like being sprayed in the face by his cousins.
Taking a break at the park.
Since my sister and her husband recently moved to SC I wanted to take a trip down with the kids this summer to check it out. Katlyn and Austin wanted to bring two of their cousins along and also Austin's blue tick hound that he just got so the 7 of us plus the dog all loaded in my mini van and headed south. We had a pretty good trip.

My camera would not work at all so the only pictures I have are ones my sister took. There are many things about living in the south that I had forgotten about from when I used to live in NC. The friendliness is just unbelievable. I saw more smiles on people and happy faces in the week I was there than I would see here in PA in a month. Everyone would talk to you whether they knew you or not. I have church family here that will look the other way rather than say hi to me in a store. They are either too busy or just plain old rude. That southern talk is just so sweet and kind. They can say something derrogetory and sound so sweet about it. Bless their hearts!

No comments: